Welcome to the new Airheads Beemer Club website!
Over the last few months Mark Bogart and Scot Marburger, the ABC webmeisters, have been working hard to update and improve the ABC website. The new site is up and running, and is ready for you to explore. Some of the more visible changes include:
- Menu driven interface for easier navigation around the site. Everything's always right at the top of the page
- New mobile friendly formatting (use the stacked bar icon to access the menus)
- Image Galleries showing Airheads in their natural element (email us your favorite pics and we'll see if we can include them).
- A new Forum for technical, ABC business, "chat", and other topics
- An easier to use WhAIR & When calendar
- An on line version of the dAIRectory (members only of course, opt-in required)
- A comprehensive listing of Airhead Friendly Shops (send us your favorites and we'll include them)
- An improved AirLore section with Riding Stories, Technical Tips, and Club Documents. Members can read the Technical Tips, everyone else gets a few paragraphs as a teaser, then an invitation to join the club!
- Classified Ads that look better, hold more and bigger images, more text, and are easier to use (Everyone can read the ads, but only ABC members can post)
- Members will be able to review their expiration date, and change their Airmail delivery address anytime they like in their User Profile. Changes made before the 1st of each month will apply to the next Airmail mailing.
Things not quite so visible include:
- Complete overhaul of the undercarriage, upgrading it to use the latest software so we're again able to benefit from the near constant stream of security and update patches.
- The new software also streamlines payment processing through Paypal, which we think will be more reliable and less confusing.
- Only members get login accounts; everyone else is free to browse everything except members only content.
- We've also migrated membership information into a database that controls login access to the site, dAIRectory listings, and the mailing lists for Airmail. That will cut down work for the Membership and Web Teams, provide more timely updates to the Airmail mailing labels, and facilitate members-only web access to the dAIRectory information.
- We will also have better control over who sees what. The big news is that only ABC members with current paid up memberships will have access to all parts and functions of the site. For example, everyone will be able to see the tech article index, but non-members will only see the first few paragraphs of any article they try to view. They will also see a link they can use to join the club. Members will be able to post and reply to the Forum, but non-members will only be able to read the posts. Same with the classified ads: anyone can read them, but only members can create a new ad or edit an old one.
We think the changes will help with new member sign ups and membership retention. After all, why buy the cow when the milk's free?
If you're a member with a login already, you can continue to use your old password. But for security purposes, passwords didn't carry over from the old site, so you'll have to reenter it using the link on the login page.
Once you login, you may want to review your membership details to verify that your mailing address is correct (don't want to miss the next Airmail!). Choose "User Profile" under the "Your Account" menu at the top of the page.
If you've already opted in to the paper version of the dAIRectory, you can verify that your name will still be listed by checking the settings near the bottom of your User Profile. You can also opt in to the new web version of the dAIRectory, then pick the kinds of help you can offer (even if it's "just" Barley Therapy or BS). You can also opt out of both the paper and web version of the dAIRectory anytime by just changing the setting in your profile. Changes to the settings take place immediately for the web version, and will be effective for the next printed version of the dAIRectory.
If your membership expires within six months, you can renew your membership using the links at the very bottom of your User Profile, or use the link under the Your Account menu to see links and instructions for renewing both on line and via mail.
Welcome to the new site. We hope you'll enjoy the added functionality.
Mark & Scot
- Written by Scot Marburger
If you'd like to renew your membership in the Airheads Beemer Club, you can mail in your application or renew on line.
Payments are made via the PayPal Portal
[ !!! If you use a credit card - the charge will be listed as a PayPal charge on your card with no mention of the ABC !!! ]
If you'd like to renew your membership on line, first login using your membership id as your username and your password. Once logged in, you can use the link HERE. or you can use the "Renew Your Membership" link under the "Your Account" menu.
What to Expect & How it Works
You'll be presented with a choice of two renewal options: 1 year or 2 years. Choose an option and click the "Process Renew" button.
You'll be presented with a form where you can update your name, address, and email address. All of this information is required and is marked with a red astirsk (*). You can also indicate your preference to be included in the dAIRectory, a booklet printed by the ABC every year that lists the first name, phone number, city, and state of members willing to help other members with their airheads. You can also indicate the types of help you can provide.
The payment section is located at the bottom of the form. The ABC processes all on line renewals through PayPal, but you need not be a PayPal member or have an account there to use this form of payment. Click the "Process Subscription" button after you complete the form and you'll be taken to the PayPal site to complete your transaction. If you have a PayPal account, you can login and pay in the normal way. Use the "Pay with a debit or credit card" link to pay without signing up for PayPal. You can also cancel and return to the ABC web site.
When you complete your transaction you should get a confirmation via email, and your renewal will be sent electronically to the ABC Membership Team.
Airheads Beemer Club Membership Team
PO Box 8345
St. Louis, MO 63132
Once the Membership Team processes your application you should see your updated expiration date on the mailing label of your Airmail magazine within one month. Please allow two weeks for your letter to reach the membership team.
When Will I See My Updated Expiration Date on My Airmail?
The cutoff for mailing the Airmail magazine is the 10th of each month, so if you renew up using the web site before that day you should see the updated expiration on your Airmail Magazine mailing label for the that month. It usually arrives in the first week of the next month. If you sign up on the 10th or after, you'll see the updated expiration date on Airmail for the following month. Keep in mind that inside the US, the Airmail is sent via US Mail with 2nd Class postage, and may take up to two weeks to arrive. North America and International deilveries usually take about the same amount of time, but that may vary depending on your location.
What if I Need Help?
- Written by Scot Marburger
Club Documents for Download