The Airheads Beemer Club was founded in 1991 by B. Jan Hofman (#1) and Al Watson (#2.) The club arose from a need for information on the care and feeding of airhead BMWs, and from a desire for camaraderie with likeminded souls, who are drawn to these classic motorcycles for their simplicity, light weight and agility.
04.29.2016 - 05.01.2016
TN Tech Wknd. & Campout
05.06.2016 - 05.08.2016
NC Buzzard Bottom Camp-out
05.07.2016 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
(AK) Northern Alaska Barley Therapy
The Silver Gultch, Fox, AK, USA
05.09.2016 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Barley Therapy, Portland Oregon
05.13.2016 - 05.15.2016
GA Barnsley Motor Werks - Annual Magsama-sama
History and Founders
- The Airheads Beemer Club was founded in 1991 by B. Jan Hofman (#1) and Al Watson (#2.)
- B. Jan produced the first copy of "Airmail," our club newsletter, in December of 1991, and he continues to be the editor today.
- The term "airhead," as it relates to BMW motorcycles, was coined by Al, and the term "oilhead," as used by the International Oilheads Club, was coined by B. Jan. These terms have entered the motojournalist lexicon.
- Our slogan, "Simple by Choice" was created by Ron Jensen.
- The club logo was designed by Jan except for the smile, which was the idea of Carolyn Laronche.
- Our first rally was the Feb. 1993 Death Valley Rendezvous initiated, planned, and executed by Fred Kumm #117.
- Our original website was conceived and created by Mike Leonard.
- The ABC continues to thrive thanks to the talents and selfless dedication of its volunteers.
1. Airheads ride Beemers with air-cooled heads.
2. Airheads believe that the simplest engineering solutions are the best.
3. Airheads appreciate function over form, fact over fiction, and friendship over friction.
4. Airheads regard money as a tool, not a status symbol.
5. Airheads are earthly people who like to camp.
6. Airheads maintain their own motorcycles.
7. Airheads don't take themselves, religion or life too seriously.
8. Airheads like to share time, knowledge, parts and camaraderie with other Airheads