The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'

Topic-icon Site access

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #5019 by 15908
Site access was created by 15908
Two questions,
When I enter the site I receive a warning from my phone or computer that the site is:
-Not Secure-
Secondly, when signing in there is a red warning that I didn’t sign out the last visit (I do sign out) and I have hit the x upper right corner to get to the site.
Any suggestions or explanation?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Scot
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #5024 by 8166
Replied by 8166 on topic Site access
The ABC website does not use https encryption, even though users must login to access members only information. As such, browsers such as Mozzila Firefox or Chrome will complain that your username/password information is being sent in the clear and could be intercepted by nefarious agents. However, the only information stored on the website is member name/address/membership status. All financial information is processed through Paypal, so the risk of compromised identity is nonexistent.

There is currently a glitch in the Joomla underpinnings of the website that results in the logout warning for some users. This behavior started with a recent "upgrade" to Joomla and has not yet been patched by the developers of that software. Until such time as a patch is available, we encourage you to ignore the warning and proceed as usual.

8166 Scot Marburger, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Check out the Yankee Hill AirTech Weekend, April 20-21, 2019

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: 11190
Time to create page: 1.053 seconds