The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'

Topic-icon Yet another new member

• John Brock
  • John Brock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Newbie
  • Forum Newbie
More
1 week 5 days ago #5187 by John Brock
Yet another new member was created by John Brock
Greetings from Western Washington!

I'll be retrieving my 1971 R75/5 from my brother-in-law sometime this month. Very much looking forward to it.
Currently, I'm riding a 2018 R1200RT for longer faster rides, and a 1998 R1200C for rides closer to home. Both are amazing motorcycles and a treat to ride.

Since the 1970's, I've had three Hondas, two Harleys, and now the two (soon to be three), BMWs. Lots of fun and I do as much of the maintenance and wrenching as I can. I'm expecting to do nearly all of the maintenance on the R75. I treated myself to a nice service lift in one of my garages. I have as much fun working on the bikes as I do riding them. That's kinda key here just north of Seattle. For the jobs that are beyond my skill or available time, I'm very fortunate to have Vallantine Motor Works close by. Mark and Dana are treasures and very skilled independent BMW mechanics.

I've worked for a Seattle based software developer (you're probably never heard of), for 30+ years. We write a NURBS based industrial design surface modeling application called Rhinoceros. It's a great bunch of people supporting a very interesting group of users in wide ranging applications.

I've ridden my bikes in every state but Hawaii and all but 4 Canadian provinces and territories. Besides bikes, my other interests include woodworking and bellows blown bagpipes.

Now that I've hit 60, I'm not doing much camping anymore. A nearby NAS (Notch Above Scuz) motel will do just fine.!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: 14652Wobbly
Time to create page: 0.645 seconds