The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'

Topic-icon Post a Picture of your Airheads

More
2 years 8 months ago #1677 by Cliff
Replied by Cliff on topic Post a Picture of your Airheads
Really pretty bike. I own a '72 R75/5 that I just had painted and I left it all black. No pinstriping. I want to go all black on the exhaust system. I found headers but can you suggest a source for the black mufflers?? Just wondering if you had an idea. Thanks, Cliff

Keep the wind in whatever hair you may have left!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #1680 by 14385
Replied by 14385 on topic Post a Picture of your Airheads
I have the same bike- a 1971 R 75/5. One place you might try for black pipes is Clubman Racing in Connecticut- they deal in Norton and other cafe racer parts. I have seen a number of older BMWs running Norton Commando pea shooter mufflers, and I think Clubman has them in both chrome and gloss black. I have them on 2 Nortons and they sound great and last forever. ( Don't know how much fiddling you will have to do to adapt them to fit a BMW, or any carb rejetting but it's a fairly common retrofit so probably not much).

More
2 years 8 months ago #1693 by cyberspray
Replied by cyberspray on topic Post a Picture of your Airheads
Here is my 1 of 1 Cubs World Series edition!
Attachments:

More
2 years 5 months ago #2046 by binarkansas
Replied by binarkansas on topic Post a Picture of your Airheads
Here's a photo made a few days ago of my 1980 R100T. I found it locally about a month ago. It's the first airhead I've owned in over 20 years. It needs just a little TLC, but it is a blast to ride. Reminds me of the other airheads. The machines are almost magic.
Attachments:

More
2 years 3 months ago #2269 by barefootboy
Replied by barefootboy on topic Post a Picture of your Airheads

My '73 R90/6 sidecar rig. I'm new to sidecars and not sure it will stay with the bike.
Attachments:

More
2 years 3 months ago #2325 by 8053
Replied by 8053 on topic Post a Picture of your Airheads
If you decide to not use the hack, I might know someone who could. Contact Illinois Airmarshal to discuss.

James Strickland, IL. Airmarshal

Moderators: 14652Wobbly
Time to create page: 1.659 seconds