The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'

Topic-icon Post a Picture of your Airheads

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #3842 by Stellabird
Replied by Stellabird on topic Post a Picture of your Airheads

12488 wrote: My 1975 R90, turns heads every time....

What a stellar bike!
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Stellabird.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #3883 by 14586
Replied by 14586 on topic Post a Picture of your Airheads
Started life as a 1983 R80ST. Previous owner up-gunned it to 1050cc with a Siebenrock kit. Solo seat, wixom bags, and the rear end is from a newer R-bike that's easier to get the rear wheel off. Painted a color popular with Jeeps I think. Runs like a top.

Duty First!

sgtbill
1978 R100S Motosport
1983 R80St (Modified)
Attachments:

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #4045 by guyatou
Replied by guyatou on topic Post a Picture of your Airheads
A family friend gave me his 1976 R90/6 on Friday. All I had to do was dig it out of his garage! I spent the weekend removing the fairing, luggage and weird seats, along with a really corroded battery. I'm forming a plan now to get it back on the road soon. It hasn't been out of the garage since 1991.

I'll need to source some parts soon (headlight ring, lens, reflector and a seat) to make it roadworthy, but I'll get it running and make sure the brakes and suspension are solid first and replace the tires. I'm looking forward to my new project!

-Michael in OKC. 1976 BMW R90/6, 1968 Datsun Roadster, 1930 Model A Ford
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by guyatou. Reason: Attached the image inline

More
1 year 2 months ago #4046 by guyatou
A family friend gave me his 1976 R90/6 on Friday. All I had to do was dig it out of his garage! I spent the weekend removing the fairing, luggage and weird seats, along with a really corroded battery. I'm forming a plan now to get it back on the road soon. It hasn't been out of the garage since 1991.

I'll need to source some parts soon (headlight ring, lens, reflector and a seat) to make it roadworthy, but I'll get it running and make sure the brakes and suspension are solid first and replace the tires. I'm looking forward to my new project!

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #4047 by 1559
Replied by 1559 on topic Post a Picture of your Airheads
oh lucky you ............. WHAT a gem

you might think the seats are weird, BUTT ..... I'll bet ya they are 100x better than a stock seat for riding any sort of long distance.

hang onto them for now and at least give them a good try ! you WILL be surprised

. Harry

Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by 1559.

More
1 year 1 month ago #4053 by guyatou
Thanks Harry! You're right about the seats, they look really comfy. I doubt I'll do a lot of long distance touring. I may go with a (reversible) cafe racer type look for this bike. Nothing extreme.

Moderators: 14652Wobbly
Time to create page: 1.594 seconds