The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'

Topic-icon Original wheels on 1976 R90S

• charlie
  • charlie's Avatar Topic Author
  • R100 Level
  • R100 Level
More
1 week 21 hours ago #4424 by charlie
Replied by charlie on topic Original wheels on 1976 R90S
Wobbly, I'd be interested in getting in touch with your buddy with the R90S. If you would pass along to him my contact info, I'd appreciate it.

I live near Seattle, so I might not make the gathering in NC; but it sounds like fun!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 hours ago #4428 by Pfix
Replied by Pfix on topic Original wheels on 1976 R90S
I'd have someone look closely at the paint.
Just my opinion of course but something doesn't look quite correct on the fading on the tank. However, it is difficult to tell with the limited pictures.

More
1 week 5 hours ago - 6 days 22 hours ago #4429 by Pfix
Replied by Pfix on topic Original wheels on 1976 R90S

If you are that concerned, I have a pal that has an all-original, 2-owner, orange R90S for less than $10K. He rides it to the Gathering of the Clans in NC each June. You could see it/ride it there, and have ~15 Air Marshals go over it with you for free. And it has the correct wheels.

Wobbly,
Not to get into someone else's post but i would also have interest in talking to your buddy with the DO 90S.
Last edit: 6 days 22 hours ago by Wobbly.

More
6 days 22 hours ago #4430 by Wobbly
Replied by Wobbly on topic Original wheels on 1976 R90S
Charlie & Pfix -
Apologies. Even as a Moderator, I can't see anyone's contact info. You'll need to post an email or phone number for me to pass along.

All the best.

Don't hide 'em, Ride 'em !!

• charlie
  • charlie's Avatar Topic Author
  • R100 Level
  • R100 Level
More
6 days 21 hours ago #4434 by charlie
Replied by charlie on topic Original wheels on 1976 R90S
Here are some more photos. It is an interesting bike for sure.
Attachments:

More
6 days 19 hours ago #4435 by 8053
Replied by 8053 on topic Original wheels on 1976 R90S

Pfix wrote: I'd have someone look closely at the paint.
Just my opinion of course but something doesn't look quite correct on the fading on the tank. However, it is difficult to tell with the limited pictures.

The truth of the matter is; no 2 are alike. Holt BMW in Ohio does the top line paint work, maybe the very best. One would be be hard pressed to tell if their work was not OEM.

These things were hand painted. Consider the possibilities. Day to day, hour to hour....

A "less than perfect" re-paint would be obvious to some one who has seen more than a few originals.

James Strickland, IL. Airmarshal

Moderators: 14652Wobbly
Time to create page: 1.039 seconds