The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'

Topic-icon Cyclops LED headlight R80/7

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #4645 by 15087
Replied by 15087 on topic Cyclops LED headlight R80/7
Wobbly, no disrespect to you and your many contributions to this Forum ..which are much appreciated...per your last recommendation, "Head Light Modulator" Have you been riding with the "Headlight Modulator Guy" behind you for any amount of miles ...I have found it is a most distracting and down right dangerous experience. Your Eye to Brain can't put out the Emergency Mode Move over response...it wears you down.
HATE THE MODULATORS.....That's my opinion, I welcome yours.
15087 Chris

favorite airhead I've owned, the one I'm now ridin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #4649 by Wobbly
Replied by Wobbly on topic Cyclops LED headlight R80/7
Chris -
There is the LAW and there is ETIQUETTE.

In a free society the Law allows each of us many rights and privileges. Etiquette demands that each person must moderate their personal behavior when exercising any right. The adage, "Your rights stop at the tip of my nose" applies.

And so it is with headlamp modulators. Federal Law allows their use in all 50 states, because it's proved they save lives by making motorcycle riders more visible during daylight hours. Federal Law also dictates that modulators must be able to be turned OFF by the user.

I took a 280 mile ride just yesterday with a local riding group. When I was 3rd or 4th in line, the modulator was turn OFF precisely because did not wish to annoy or distract. On the 30 total miles where I was the group leader or riding solo, the modulator was most definitely turned ON, because I value my life.

15087 wrote: That's my opinion, I welcome yours.

I have 2 opinions on this subject. As a rider I have been using headlamp modulators since their introduction in the mid 1970's, and rate them alongside tires and brakes as important motorcycle safety equipment. So much so that I refuse to ride without one. As a moderator I know etiquette requires starting a new thread for off-topic discussions.

Don't hide 'em, Ride 'em !!
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Wobbly.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #4652 by 15087
Replied by 15087 on topic Cyclops LED headlight R80/7
Did not mean to blast the "modulators" so strongly. It was a "flash" back to a ride over the Kancamagus Hwy... the leader of this HD pack was up my rear for many miles with that distracting constant blinking till I found a turn out to recover my sense's. Honestly here in New England area they are an anomaly. PEACE!

favorite airhead I've owned, the one I'm now ridin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wobbly

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #4653 by Wobbly
Replied by Wobbly on topic Cyclops LED headlight R80/7
Start a new thread and we can discuss this. PEACE.

Don't hide 'em, Ride 'em !!

Moderators: Wobbly
Time to create page: 1.094 seconds