The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'

Topic-icon New Guy - Barn Find - R100GS

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #4523 by dcb_wvu
Replied by dcb_wvu on topic New Guy - Barn Find - R100GS
Excellent catch, Wobbly, I was going to suggest the brake thing after reading your first post. Good to know you're not slipping old boy!

Adam, Enjoy this project, that is a terrific find. That relative needs to be put on your gift list!

Courtney#16121
1988 R100RT
1984 R80ST

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #4524 by Wobbly
Replied by Wobbly on topic New Guy - Barn Find - R100GS
We are not too far apart ! A 1983 R100RS was delivered to my garage this week that's been sitting for 18 months. It cranked right up after the usual complete battery maintenance, but there are numerous tiny issues (brake hoses, old brake fluid, missing grommets making the fairing rattle, a missing screw from the speedo allowing the face to dance about, grunge in the fuel system, etc) rendering the bike untrustworthy as of yet.

Photo Here

My theory is that these bikes seek the company of other BMWs. :lol:

Don't hide 'em, Ride 'em !!
Last edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by Wobbly.

More
4 months 1 week ago #4570 by SantaCruzKonami
Replied by SantaCruzKonami on topic New Guy - Barn Find - R100GS
On that RS...the Blue rims...weren't they only on "Last Edition" bikes? Hmmm

More
4 months 1 week ago #4571 by Wobbly
Replied by Wobbly on topic New Guy - Barn Find - R100GS

SantaCruzKonami wrote: On that RS...the Blue rims...weren't they only on "Last Edition" bikes? Hmmm

That may be true (although I think it was the color gold), but this rim looks to be "owner modified". Note that the rear rim is done in a similar manner, except for being black.

Don't hide 'em, Ride 'em !!

Moderators: Wobbly
Time to create page: 0.943 seconds