Reflection

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Thomas Brundage
(@ridefast99)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

As a 62 year old man I can't help but reflect on my motorcycle history, where I cut my teeth on mini bikes, Honda 50s and dirt bikes. At this point I pretty much owned every kind of bike imaginable with BMWs at the top of my list but it seems they have lost their way. What once was deemed as the top of the line drive shaft bike has somehow turned into a corporate greedy monster (chain drive bikes) are you kidding me....and that inline 6 cylinder abomination what's next.....a rocket with 2 wheels on it? Where does it stop? A 1000 cc bike will do anything a person wants and a 650 vstrom will most likely go down as one of the best all around bikes ever made and if it were shaft drive I would have 2 in my driveway. After all do really need a 2300 cc Triumph? And how about the R1200 oil head it's very capable of obtaining 200,000 plus miles. Does it really need water cooled heads? What's the point? Stop the madness corporate pin heads the latest statistics show BMW at or next to the bottom for reliability to the Japanese bikes, even the Harley crap scored higher.Lets get back to brass tacks and stop the glitz and build bullet proof bikes ........ok naysayers bring it on.Ridefast99 B)

Posted : 06/15/2016 21:34
Anthony Lonigro
(@14652)
Eminent Member

Why do you think this club exists? Because we love the simplicity and reliability of Airheads. Nothing else even enters my little pea-brain.

OK, maybe my Norton Commando, and my Rickman Honda. But that's IT! 😉

Antny

Posted : 06/15/2016 23:27
Thomas Brundage
(@ridefast99)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Touche...........Ridefast99 B)

Posted : 06/16/2016 06:54

Advertisement

Scroll to top