FORUM

1985 R80RT Factory ...

Notifications
Clear all

1985 R80RT Factory Hazard Flasher Kit Install Instructions?

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
David Fliehr
(@acftfliehr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Does anyone have the factory instructions on the install of this kit?  Kit # is 61-0247.  See attached drawing and the harness laid out on the backbone of the bike...

Posted : 08/04/2023 18:17
David Fliehr
(@acftfliehr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Here is the first Picture of the backbone and Harness

Posted : 08/04/2023 18:18
David Fliehr
(@acftfliehr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

And the second....

Posted : 08/04/2023 18:18
Donald Plocinski
(@6344)

Hello David !

I don’t often visit this forum however, I just offered Bill Denzer some help in getting his Rocky Point Key Conversion up and running.

Scrolled through a bit and saw your need for help ? I’ve added the Hazard Flasher Kit to my 1976 R 90S as well as, my 1978 R 100RS.

As I didn’t have instructions for neither Motorrad, found a wiring diagram for the Hazard Wiring on Snowbum’s site; expanded it and the 1978 wiring diagram, to poster size. Spent a couple long Winter nights sorting through them and arrived at plan !

Just to test my metal, simultaneously on each moto, added Headlight Modulators and Driving Lights !

My Airhead “electrickery” experience only goes as far as 1978; as a matter of fact… no further than that with the bikes !

I can pull some pictures out of my files for you; you might want to have your 1985 Wiring Diagram from the Owner’s Manual enlarged as well as Snowbum’s diagram.

I was thrilled as my work continued and was tested, to have not had any “Magic Smoke” fill the headlight nacelle or workshop !

Get in touch and we’ll aim for the same success…

Posted : 07/06/2024 16:30
Donald Plocinski
(@6344)

… pulled an image of the combination Wiring Diagrams that I used during my Hazard Warning install, on the 1978 R 100RS.

Unfortunately, the details are not very clear but will give you an idea for installing yours. It was a major project as I simultaneously installed a “Euro” head light switch, a relay controlled HID driving light set, head light modulator and, the Hazard Kit !

Posted : 07/07/2024 04:24
Steven Rankin
(@14724)
Estimable Member

The flasher relay will go next to the starter relay I believe, LOL, it has been a long time since I wired not up.

Here is a wiring diagram I have for the flasher unit.  

Do you have the wiring harness, it is a bit complicated to rig without one?  St.

Beware! I do not suffer fools gladly! St.

Posted : 07/07/2024 17:48
Steven Rankin
(@14724)
Estimable Member

I went past the edit time on my reply so I will add, so as not to look like a dummy.

I mentioned the relay going next to the starter relay, at least it does on a 84 and older bike, I am not sure if this is true with the 85 to 95 bikes.    

Sadly that is the only diagram I have on hand, it may help or may not.  Seems to me if I recall the switch, relay and such are all the same for the 84 and older bikes.  It is just the wiring package and location of things I am not sure about. St.

Beware! I do not suffer fools gladly! St.

Posted : 07/07/2024 17:58

Advertisement

Scroll to top