Non airhead BMW

5 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Eric Odinski
(@eodinski)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Yes I know it’s an airhead group but airhead owners are the brightest people on the planet, (except for me).  I’m hoping to find a source for issues with 2000 R1100Rt. I’m considering purchasing one with 47k and would like to know about what areas to be concerned about 

thanks 

Posted : 10/08/2021 08:06
Topic Tags
Bob Thomas
(@bob-thomas)
Eminent Member

Trouble with Servo, is mostly limited to the 1150.  The 1100 did have some rear end issues, mostly with overfilling them and then they break.  Other than that they are very good.  not quite an Airhead but ok!!

Bob

Posted : 10/09/2021 16:46
Eric Odinski reacted
Brian Scott
(@brisco)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @eodinski

Yes I know it’s an airhead group but airhead owners are the brightest people on the planet, (except for me).  I’m hoping to find a source for issues with 2000 R1100Rt. I’m considering purchasing one with 47k and would like to know about what areas to be concerned about 

thanks 

https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/forum/16-oilheads/  is probably onw of the best Oilhead forums I've ever found. A great one to peruse or ask your question there.

Another issue I've found with oilheads, the 1100's in particular is the Hall sensor wiring deterioration, As simple fix, replacing the Hall sensor with an aftermarket kit.

Posted : 11/28/2021 11:57
Eric Odinski reacted
Eric Odinski
(@eodinski)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@brisco thank you 

Posted : 11/28/2021 12:09
Brian Scott reacted
Eric Odinski
(@eodinski)
Trusted Member