Clear all

1977 R100/7 Headlight Switch issues

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Cameron Jennings
(@cameron)
Topic starter

Bought higher bars, needed new switches with longer wires. The right side I found used, easy. Left side (headlight and horn switch) I bought a new one. My original has the dip switch to turn the lights all the way off, but they don't sell that one. The new one has two less wires. I wired everything up and the light won't turn on except the high-beam flasher when you push the paddle switch all the way down. I thought maybe the missing two switches were the culprit, and if I put a spare wire in to bridge the connection between where those two had been, the headlight turns on, but then when I turn off the ignition it stays on until I disconnect the battery.

My question is: does anyone have experience replacing an old-style headlight switch with a new always-on one...do I need to wire things up differently? I haven't found anything online despite a lot of searching. I studied the wiring diagrams of the 77 vs the 78, when they changed to an always-on, but none of my messing around yielded a solution. Thanks!

Posted : 05/09/2020 23:12

Advertisement

Scroll to top