Will the Stator off the 78 R100/7...

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Franklin Scharppslicer
(@swordofwords)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Fit on the 78  R65 and work, or should I look at buying or swapping for the 65?

Status on the 100 Engine:  cleaned the dirt, and cobwebs off and pulled the chop saw frame off.  The center stand might find a good home,
but the side stand seems pressed so unless someone likes to wrestle, it may be a goner.  Piles of rust came out of the headers (also chopped) The Star Header nuts look good, and will find a home, AFTER the famous Acetone + ATF mixture trick works.  I hope the rust did not crawl up past the bend of the headers. We will see soon.

I'll take some pics after a good cleanup, and put it on the Airheads.org site for lookies.  I will probably either sell it, or make an offer to someone willing to help with the 65 and the 83 80 RT tug on my Velorex (runs rough) that they cannot refuse. It looks far far better than the 1,200.00one and way, way better than the $4K one on HeBay!

Well 4 hours on it after work, another therapy is needed other than the therapeutic engine cleaning.  48 Degrees with a 38 Degree promised in the morning.  Thank goodness for heated grips!

Scharppslicer
Casper, WY

Posted : 10/07/2017 14:27
James Carr
(@11771)
Eminent Member

A quick way to find out is to check max bmw parts fish and see if they are the same part number

Posted : 10/10/2017 16:01

Advertisement

Scroll to top