'84 R100: Aftermarket, beefier triple clamp

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
John Stauber
(@11731)
Topic starter

Hi guys,

I’m interested in an aftermarket, beefier, top triple clamp, and I have a couple of questions, please.

I’d like to install an aftermarket clamp on my 1984 R100. Which one would you recommend? In my recent web searching, I can only find them at ToasterTan. I was going to contact them, but I thought I’d ask here first.

As mentioned, I plan to replace the top triple clamp on the R100 with an aftermarket unit. Then, I plan to double-up, and add that old triple clamp /plate (from the R100) to an ’84 R100RS. This seems simple enough, but I’m really concerned about the length of the handlebar mount bolts. I don’t think they are long enough to fit through 2x plates. Are they?

Additionally, would I also have an issue with the threaded fork caps not being long enough to make purchase in the stanchions with 2x plates up there?

Thanks in advance,

John

Posted : 02/07/2020 23:23
Russ J. Muller
(@15908)
Eminent Member

Check out sport-evolution.de they have a wide assortment of BMW after market options.

Posted : 02/09/2020 20:18
Gage Wagoner
(@solo-lobo)

I have a San Jose BMW top triple on my '84 RS, and a TT on my G/S. Both are great products.

Not sure why you would need anything in addition to one of these choices as they are stout

Posted : 03/14/2020 11:47

Advertisement

Scroll to top