Clear all

charge light

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Sam Kuhn
(@15107)
Topic starter

I need advice, I installed a esr450 reg/rectifer on my 1983 r100 and it works great. Being as I don't have an instrument cluster the original setup the charge warning light was wired to blue wire on regulator plug with a 330 ohm resister and connected to plus side of coil. I now don't have a charge light. Advice please.........

Posted : 08/25/2016 19:16
Jeff Benedict
(@14987)

A number of things you could do:

1. Get a Kurayakin LED volt meter. They are available where all Harley parts are sold. A series of LEDs light up and, when you have 13.5, a green LED lights up. If you have more, a red LED lights up. It has a photocell that dims it at night. Cool. About $40. I have had one of these on all my bikes and they work well.

2.Euromotolectrics have something called the "Heads Up" voltage indicator. It is a box which you wire up to the system and there is an LED that you mount somewhere which lights when there is a voltage problem. $29 from EuroMotolectrics

3. VDO Voltmeter like on the R90S. BMW made a mount to mount these without the R90S fairing. One of these meters or a clone are easily available through bike and car retailers. Not sure if the BMW mount can be bought new. There is always eBay.

4. Go without one. Be bold. Ride the edge.

Posted : 09/20/2016 00:08
Sam Kuhn
(@15107)
Topic starter

It was a electro sport reg/rectifier...I figured it out, got a digital voltmeter from ebay ....hooked up of ign. switch 14.54v. .......thanks guys B)

Posted : 09/20/2016 20:23

Advertisement

Scroll to top