Clear all

Speedometer repair results

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Greg Balas
(@10)
Topic starter

I'd like to report great results using one of our AirMail advertisers to repair the speedometer on my R100GS.
The reset odometer hasn't been working for years and the speedometer was inaccurate.

Foreign Speedo in San Diego repaired, cleaned and calibrated the speedometer and it's working well.
It's nice to have the odometer reset working again so I can track the miles since the last fuel stop.

The shop is also kind of a hoot. Two guys in a cluttered shop repairing all kinds of speedometers.
Let them know you saw the ad in AirMail

Greg B #10

Posted : 01/05/2017 16:45
John Bowmer
(@ambu-dude)

Newbie here and I have the same symptoms on my R100 GS can I ask how much the repair was ? Was also thinking of contacting Wirespokes over on ADV. Bike is in pieces right now so have some time to make a decision. Any one using a speed hut GPS speedometer?

Posted : 01/17/2017 18:38
Greg Balas
(@10)
Topic starter

Repair at Foreign Speedo was just under $150.

Posted : 01/18/2017 04:13
John Bowmer
(@ambu-dude)

Thanks 10
That would work financially. A GPS Speed hut is 250 + so last resort for me.

Posted : 01/18/2017 23:21
William Charlton
(@14446)

Sent my 1983 rs speedo to foreignspeedo in San Diego for repair of tripometer. I was told it would be a 2 week turn around. 8 weeks later after several calls it was returned. Speedo needle would not go over 68mph and would stick there. Sent back for repair under warranty. Received 4 weeks later with no turn signal bulb and only one screw holding the face of the tachometer. Speedo now works but I still have to fix their mistakes. Would not deal with them again.

Posted : 05/25/2017 03:35
James Carr
(@11771)
Eminent Member

Good to know. I've used Terry "Wirespokes" (Adventure Rider) in Oregon. He does excellent work.

Posted : 05/31/2017 00:51

Advertisement

Scroll to top