Clear all

N00b intro

5 Posts
3 Users
6 Likes
Trever Taylor
(@18429)
Topic starter

What’s up! Columbus area noob, new ish ti bikes and very new to airheads. Bought a parts bin bike, mostly 75/5 stuff on a 76 frame. Love it so far but I’ve got to get a few thing sorted. Been digging around trying to learn what I can. 

Posted : 03/08/2023 17:56
Joe Hall and Nik Rende reacted
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Welcome Aboard !

► First thing you'll want to do is contact your local Airhead Club director, what we call an "Air Marshal". Get on his contact list so you can attend the next "Tech Day". At the Tech Day you'll make some new local Airhead friends and they'll be working on some bikes. You can get a good taste of what's involved and all the local inside knowledge about who keeps the tools, which store has the best parts availability in your locale, etc, etc.

► Like a lot of Airheads, the bike you ride may have sat for a long while. The following article contains a list of the top 80% of the trouble spots that repeatedly develop during storage. It may take a while to check all these, but you've got time before Spring and it makes a good "check list". If you have any questions, we're always here to help...

https://www.airheads.org/community/wrenching/new-owner-primer-tips-to-get-your-airhead-back-on-the-road/

Regards

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 03/11/2023 06:05
David Elkow
(@4949)
Reputable Member

You may already know, but - near you, in Lithopolis OH, is “Re-Psycle BMW”.  Airhead guys.  New and used parts. I understand they are struggling a bit now, looking for a mechanic. Good folks and a good resource as well. I used to live in Kentucky, so been there a few times. 

Posted : 03/11/2023 06:45
Joe Hall reacted
Trever Taylor
(@18429)
Topic starter

@wobbly I’ll definitely be digging into this.

Posted : 03/12/2023 18:39
Trever Taylor
(@18429)
Topic starter

@4949 yup! About 30 mins away from me, I was just there picking up some stock mirrors, need to get rid of these cafe looking bars and funhouse bar end mirrors that are currently on it haha

Posted : 03/12/2023 18:41
Joe Hall reacted

Advertisement

Scroll to top