3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Dave Jensen
(@dave-jensen)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi All,

I recently joined the Club. I have acquired a 71 r75/5 as a project bike for this winter. As a newby with airheads and this forum, I felt it to be appropriate to introduce myself. Cheers! ? 

Posted : 10/02/2021 17:15
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Welcome Aboard !

First thing you'll want to do is contact your local Airhead Club director, what we call an "Air Marshal". Get on his contact list so your can go to the next Tech Day. At the Tech Day you'll meet all the local riders and they'll be working on some bikes. You can get a good taste of what's involved and all the local inside knowledge about who keeps the tools, which store has the best parts availability, etc.

While you wait on that, you can review the tips in the following article. If you have any questions, we're always here to help...

https://www.airheads.org/community/wrenching/new-owner-primer-tips-to-get-your-airhead-back-on-the-road/

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 10/02/2021 19:51
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Posted by: @dave-jensen

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the link to this thread. It will be a good reference to start the inspection to see what it will take to get this beast back on the road.

Best regards, Dave 

That's the best compilation file I know of. If you need more specifics, the SEARCH function on this forum is good for chasing details from several sources. Then, a guy named Chris Harris has some good videos on YouTube.

Best regards,

Richard

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 10/03/2021 04:41
Dave Jensen reacted

Advertisement

Scroll to top