New Member Introduction

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Bruce Harris Jr
(@bruce-harris-jr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello all! Bruce Harris, Jr. here from Burlington, NC. I'm a long time BMW motorcycle owner/rider going back to 1973 when I purchased my first BMW, a new R75/5 LWB, Curry in color and a toaster tank. It was followed a few years later with a new 1978 R100RS in Gold; followed by another new 1978 R100RS in MoSport Colors, yep one of two hundred produced for worldwide distribution. Prettiest bike I've ever had. And lastly a new 1984 R100RT. My most recent mounts have been a 2016 K1600GTL which I sold a few weeks ago and currently ride a 2020 R1250GS-love it! Last Saturday I purchased this:  (8) Marketplace - 1977 BMW S 1000 | Facebook  She's a lettle like me in that she's been run hard and put up wet. I aim to correct that with a substantial upgrade in long past due routine maintenance and a few upgrades in the electronics and lighting areas. Plan to do my last three Iron Butt Association rides on her later this year.

I'm located in central North Carolina just off of I-40/85, have a reasonably equipped home garage complete with a lift, Derrick Weaver tire change machine, air compressor and assorted hand tools. Anyone is welcome to stop by for coffee and conversation along with some good ole bench racing! Thank you for sharing your space with me and I anxious to learn from you all.

Sincerely,

Bruce Harris, Jr.

BruceHarrisJr
Burlington, NC

Posted : 04/21/2022 16:45
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Welcome Aboard !

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 04/22/2022 04:21
David Elkow
(@4949)
Reputable Member

Welcome. You have (and have had) some really nice machines!  My 78 was originally a gold RS. Sometimes I wish it still was, but it got wrecked and now it wears a Hannigan. Still riding it, though. Hope you enjoy your membership. I enjoy getting my Airmail magazine each month. Picture is from long ago - about 1981. I did paint the lowers black. 

Posted : 04/22/2022 07:40

Advertisement

Scroll to top