Clear all

New Member IOWA

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Michael Bradshaw
(@michael-bradshaw)
Topic starter

Hello all, After 12 years I am back on an airhead. I picked up a 1992 R100RS from its second owner who had it stored for 3 years. It runs well but needs to be gone through over the winter just because of my OCD nature with machines. ? Other bikes I have and ride are a 2009 Moto Guzzi Norge and a 1985 BMW K100RS Turbo.

This topic was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Michael Bradshaw

Posted : 10/09/2021 12:51
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Welcome Aboard !

First thing you'll want to do is contact your local Airhead Club director, what we call an "Air Marshal". Get on his contact list so your can go to the next Tech Day. At the Tech Day you'll make some new local Airhead friends and they'll be working on some bikes. You can get a good taste of what's involved and all the local inside knowledge about who keeps the tools, which store has the best parts availability in your locale, etc.

Like a lot of Airheads, your bike sat for a long while. The following article contains a list of the top 80% of the trouble spots that repeatedly develop during storage. If you have any questions, we're always here to help...

https://www.airheads.org/community/wrenching/new-owner-primer-tips-to-get-your-airhead-back-on-the-road/

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 10/10/2021 15:30

Advertisement

Scroll to top