New Old Airhead Checking In

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Joe Hall
(@joe-hall)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I was an Airhead back in the early 1990s, if memory serves. Still have a forest green Airhead t-shirt.  No idea what my member number was, but mentioned it when I re-joined recently, and asked if it could be reinstated. No answer yet.

Since 1981 I have owned six airheads, and collectively rode them waaay over 200,000 miles. First was an R100/7, followed by 79 R65, 82 R100RT, 79 R100RT, 76 R90/6, and as of last Thursday a 95 R100RTC. I have been riding since the late 1960s, and have ridden several brands of MCs, but keep coming back to Airheads, and particularly like the RTs. The 95 RT was a turn key bike, with 25,000 miles on it, and I rode it 225 miles to home the day I bought it. Getting off a Goldwing and onto an Airhead is gonna be an adaptation, but I did the same thing in the late 1990s. With Goldwing, Honda has figured out how to put a car on two wheels. It's a beautiful machine, and does everything well, but it's too heavy at this point in life, and has became boring anyway. So I came back to Airheads, and very happy with the 95 RT so far. Just need to tweak it a bit to fit me. 

I look forward to fellowshipping with y'all and, hopefully, meet some of you along the trail.

Thanks for carrying on this fine ABC!

Joe Hall

Posted : 10/25/2020 21:28
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Joe -

Welcome back ! We've been looking everywhere for you.  ? 

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 10/26/2020 04:32
Joe Hall
(@joe-hall)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@wobbly

LOL. I am gonna go for another ride today, and enjoy the RT's weather protection. Still, will layer up with clothing as it's only gonna hit mid 50s today. This is a good time of year to ride, especially the country roads on Kentucky on a BMW! 

Glad y'all found me. Too funny.  🙂

Joe H

Posted : 10/26/2020 07:05
Joe Hall
(@joe-hall)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Today I rode by an Amish Farm Market here in rural KY. Unbelievably they still have tomatoes this time of year. I loaded the RT down pretty well with produce, and took a meandering way home. About 165 miles total today. I am liking this Airhead more every time I ride it!

Posted : 10/26/2020 18:39

Advertisement

Scroll to top