Clear all

Re: A/M Vacancy in Ky.

6 Posts
3 Users
5 Likes
Bill Denzer
(@3809)
Topic starter

Hello from a former Ky. A/M whom resigned the mantle approx. 2yrs ago after approx. 20yrs of holding title, with a interim break having passed the mantle to another deserving member that subsequently passed away thus I resumed. It's a Thankless job being Ky. as in that over my tenure I never had opportunity to come-in handy to a fellow rider in regards to assisting nor guidance whatever the need may theoretically be requested, thus never received thanks because I had not an occasion arise(;))!  Primary reasoning I resigned from serving as the A/M was based on my personal location very remote as also what few members there are in the State, maybe 15 live total and far apart. Yep, the Ky. contingent of members is deader than 4:00 During my Hayday, I held an annual Club Rally then 1 or 2 weekend Tech'days they all went well enough but things fell apart in that the locations collapsed. 

Since I resigned, but remain listed as a contact-source, I have attempted to solicit a few Ky. Members living in areas of the State that could be more convenient to hold Barley Therapies, Tech-events, etc and perhaps more important to a location that Airhead-Travelers passing thru' may find as a resource when needed? 

With The ABC treading-water for continued viability of purpose I think it is imperative to fill the vacancy of Ky. A/M and am urging our A/M Coordinator whom has the most active Ky. Membership data to begin to initiate solicitating for the position. Being that the National 2023 is in the Far-East(Va.) Ky. will be heavily traveled by riders heading thru' from many points of the compass. A canadate living near to the I64 Corridor would be ideal to host, offer route guidance or direction to obtain urgent services.

Bill E Denzer #3809

Posted : 12/28/2022 09:09
Edward Adams reacted
David Elkow
(@4949)
Reputable Member

I retired from Kentucky about 5 years ago, now living in Texas. Was a Bluegrass Beemers club member on and off.  Good bunch!  Don’t know if there are still airheads in the gang - probably so.  bluegrassbeemers.org

Posted : 12/28/2022 10:12
Edward Adams reacted
Bill Denzer
(@3809)
Topic starter

I remember your name, thinking you made it to one of the events in Ky. I was involved in. You lived in the Henderson vicinity  if you are whom I am thinking off? Bill

Posted : 12/28/2022 16:22
David Elkow
(@4949)
Reputable Member

@3809 Yep, we lived in Henderson for a while in 02, 03 …. My wife, Susan, served as a pastor in the Kentucky Conference of the United Methodist Church. So, we bounced around Kentucky for about 25 years. Retired now.

Posted : 12/29/2022 18:06
Edward Adams reacted
Edward Adams
(@rtpilot)
Trusted Member

I am retiring to West KY. and have a home there now. But I split my time between there and San Diego. I too noticed there wasn’t a Kentucky A/M and also limited members nearby as well.

As a first time rally attendee this year,  I attended the BMWMOA and BMWRA events. And a ride with a small group in Pineville Ky. A really nice bunch of people. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

With the current atmosphere in the Airheads group I am more interested in being involved and would consider an A/M slot - while at the same time-also hesitant to be involved in something that might get very uncomfortable and/or worse - get in the way of my riding, tech day attendance and rally attendances.

I would hope that being involved does not sour my “mood” towards my positive Airheads experience so far.

I joined a few years ago and it’s been a really enjoyable experience. 

The SoCal and Central A/M’s are the BEST and the real reason many, many west coast members are happy   Gary & John specifically are the reason I am a member and have renewed. I met them for the first time AT a camping event. Invited to check it out and then decide if I wanted to join. I did immediately.  

They embrace new member recruits as valued long time members. And I have since done several camp/ride events all over California with them. So I can relate to what is needed to attract new members, keep members interested 

As I’m still transitioning to West Kentucky but sometimes  away a few weeks to a few months yearly (usually during winter)
 I don’t know whether I would be a viable candidate yet. But I am considering it 

Edward Adams

Posted : 12/29/2022 23:25
Ran Bush reacted
Bill Denzer
(@3809)
Topic starter

@4949 

I'm orinally an Evansville Native

Bill

Posted : 01/01/2023 07:26
David Elkow reacted

Advertisement