Notifications
Clear all

Social media initiative  

James Strickland
(@8053)
Honorable Member Expired Membership

Hello fellow Airmarshals.

I am of 2 minds on this.

A) I understand and agree that the club ought to be doing outreach to younger riders, such as there are any younger riders. This sort of thing is important to the long term viability of the club. There was a similar issue at the MOA several years ago. At the time, a younger member from Missourri tried to convince the leadership that the Owners News should give more page space to "Airheads" because that would be the BMW model which younger riders would be most likely to own, as compared to the current production line-up of the day. For what ever reason, that didn't happen, and that guy is no longer a member of the MOA. What we have here in the ABC is the right type of motorbikes that younger , maybe even entry level rider can afford.

2) I am not a fan of the whole "social media phenomenon". I don't use Facebook or Instagram or any other variant. But, in recognizing the need to attract guys younger than myself (58) I have asked the ILL. membership for feedback and found 2 members willing to work on the "social media" thing on behalf of the ILL. membership. For those of us not inclined to play on social media, my approach might be an acceptable alternative.

That is my thinking on this topic. Let's talk it over.
James A...
Illinois.

Topic starter Posted : 04/14/2018 14:53
John Marshall
(@newzhack)
Eminent Member Expired Membership

That is interesting. I run into a number of younger Hipster types on BMW's in the OKC area. I have been trying to figure out how to reach out to them. I do know they are eager to learn how to self maintain these bikes.
My first thought is if we offer something they are interested in they will self promote Airheads automatically thru social media.
At first, my thinking was we are a club of older riders and thats the way it is, but thanks for pointing this out. It makes sense to me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/29/2018 15:30

Advertisement

Scroll to top