1975 R90S center stand and reinforced swingarm

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Samuel Kahr
(@baikalrider)
Topic starter

Hey Headz,

I bought a bunch of parts last summer that was "supposedly" an r90s. After many problems with Frankenstein parts, I thought I had fixed/replaced everything and was on the home stretch to getting the bike done. Little did I know I am still a long way from home base . I was given and installed a reinforced swingarm- I went to put on the original centerstand and noticed it will not swing all the way up (see attached picture). Do I have the darned thing installed incorrectly? Is there any way to modify the original stand to work with existing swingarm? If not, would anyone be willing to trade for a compatible centerstand (mine was recently powder coated)?

Thanks,

Baikalrider

Posted : 09/10/2017 23:48
Gerard Garra
(@jagarra)
Eminent Member

If that rubber bumper is hitting on the second bar then you have the incorrect center stand. If you look at the fiche for this model the second bar is located higher on the stand, closer to the pivot.

Posted : 09/12/2017 08:04
Jim Wilson
(@1559)
Estimable Member

i can't say if you have the correct stand or not

i do know what I have on my R90SRS model and what I did to make mods for MY needs. my mods are done to fit a deeper oil pan, allow easy access with my boots , re-inforce the wear side and seal the pinch @ the pivot.
my other needs required the stand have easy access to lower because I made my new side stand from scratch.

best to hand paint rather than powder coat because water can get UNDER the powder after wear occurs
and rot the stand. especially where salt is a problem

deeper pans require the cross tube to be moved.

sealing the seam prevents most of the water from entering 'inside' the stand and rotting it out.

adding a 4-5'' long strip of flat stock helps add years on the wear side. blue tape area.

adding a short stub w/ flat washer contacts the rubber bumper and allows me ... to get my toe to push
the stand down.

THE VERY Important part is :
re-INFORCING the frame TABS ( which can crack ) where the centre stand attaches before the frame gets re-painted powder coated. ! ! !

Posted : 09/18/2017 17:03

Advertisement

Scroll to top