hidden fuses 78 r100rs

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
chris wilson
(@wursthead)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

ok...new to the game but am i overlooking any "hidden" fuses i don't know about? the only ones I've seen are located in the headlight assembly.
Yes I'm new to the bike but feel I'm missing something in diagnosing the dead bike situation. help???

Posted : 07/15/2019 01:32
chris wilson
(@wursthead)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for your help. still trying to figure it out. got power to the bike but I'm struggling with how the wires from the harness don't match what the schematic says for the bike.
dont wanna plug stuff where it doesn't belong. It would be nice if i could just see a photograph of the wires going into their right inserts. seen everything else on the internet except just that

Posted : 07/20/2019 13:28
ray wilson
(@15295)
Estimable Member

In the headlight bucket everything is color matched. Green w white wire goes to the green with white clips in the bucket

Posted : 07/20/2019 20:54
chris wilson
(@wursthead)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

thanks,, appreciate it

Posted : 07/21/2019 20:36
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Yes I'm new to the bike, but feel I'm missing something in diagnosing the dead bike situation.

Still trying to figure it out. Got power to the bike, but I'm struggling with how the wires from the harness don't match what the schematic says for the bike.

Your descriptions are totally useless to those of us who really want help. In the first post you describe a "dead bike situation" which we assume indicates an electrical issue, but is that nothing happens when you turn the key, or is that runs fine, but no lights ?? What remedies have you already tried ? What parts of the system have you traced out ?

In the second post you "have power to the bike". Is that a different situation from the first post ? If so, what did you do to make it so ? When tracing power from the battery exactly how far does it make it ? Does it make it to the ignition switch ? Does 12V come out of the ignition switch on the Blue or Gray wire when you turn the key ? Do you have power to the 2 fuses ? Does it make it through the fuses ?

You need to give us more than complaints, my friend.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 07/22/2019 22:49

Advertisement

Scroll to top