On YouTube. Franklin Scharppslicer. Take a look and give me ideas, or jus enjoy

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Franklin Scharppslicer
(@swordofwords)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I bought a couple piles of Airheads, 1 - 1978 R100/7 (pile), the other 1 1978 R65. I couldn't let an Airhead go to a junk yard without a fight. They looked ugly,
but Mom Nature rained upon them and after a Nature wash, the 65 didn't look all that bad so I pulled it into my fire extinguisher shop. Then I put it on YouTube, Wyoming Basket Cse (Now with Chapters 2 - 5.5 so others can look and tell me what parts I may be missing.

I will cannibalize the 100, but that engine and carbs look so good, I'm going to be better off, getting that one into a good home and use that to finance what parts, or advice I may need.

aDDED SOME SHOTS AFTER CLEANING IT UP A BIT. I'm MISSING PARTS, BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT.

Scharppslicer
Casper Wyoming

Posted : 10/05/2017 11:29
paul peterson
(@r80pete)
Eminent Member

I may want to purchase your R100/7 shortblock.

Posted : 11/09/2017 12:15
Richard W
(@wobbly)

YouTube video is at...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBFtz-HLZgM

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 11/10/2017 01:24
Vince Sidwell
(@dadsr65)

I just started working on a 1980 R65. My father's originally purchased in Casper!

Pics here

I forget the name of the dealer, but it was in an old service station close to NCHS. The owner went by initials (JB or JW or something like that). I still remember being there the day my dad bought the bike. I was around 8 years old. We rode that bike all over Wyoming.

Posted : 11/13/2017 08:21
Franklin Scharppslicer
(@swordofwords)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Give me a buzz if you're still interested, I'm sure the other machines will keep me way to busy.

Posted : 07/27/2018 19:41
Franklin Scharppslicer
(@swordofwords)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

J & S My R65 came from ther. No longer in business and I bought some of his surplus when he liquidated.

Posted : 07/27/2018 19:44

Advertisement

Scroll to top