3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
David Barnett
(@viejo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

'Heads,

I am refurbishing the seat on my '71 R75/5 SWB and I'm wondering if anyone has a source for the seat foam.  I've talked with the good folks at boxer2valve and their source has been back-ordered since shortly after the last ice age.... with no relief in sight.  I have a new BMW seat cover with trim/fasteners, side rails, and grab strap and my seat pan is in remarkably good condition.  Any leads on replacement foam, or a good seat re-builder for that matter, will be greatly appreciated.

Mil Gracias,

Viejo

Posted : 03/03/2022 15:03
Richard W
(@wobbly)

An automotive upholstery shop should be able to help you. These shops are small-time, back-alley type concerns you wouldn't normally know about, but custom cars are still a big thing. Open Google Maps and type "car upholstery near me". I live in a small rural community (under 6000), but 4 shops popped up on my phone.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 03/04/2022 06:31
David Barnett
(@viejo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @wobbly

An automotive upholstery shop should be able to help you. These shops are small-time, back-alley type concerns you wouldn't normally know about, but custom cars are still a big thing. Open Google Maps and type "car upholstery near me". I live in a small rural community (under 6000), but 4 shops popped up on my phone.

Thanks, Wob.......  the search is underway.  Viejo

Posted : 03/04/2022 07:57

Advertisement

Scroll to top