Clear all

Guage wiring on 90S

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Patrick Fix
(@pfix)
Topic starter

I'm in need of the small wire harness for the fairing gauges on a 1975 90S.
Does anyone know where one could be located?

Posted : 12/25/2018 11:51
Richard W
(@wobbly)

After I bought the fairing harness for my RS from BMW Max, Rick Jones at Motorrad Eliktrik told me he could also get those significantly cheaper, he simply doesn't show them on his web page. It will need to come from Germany, but the one from Max was no quicker.

http://motoelekt.com/

Hope this helps.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 12/25/2018 16:37
Jim Wilson
(@1559)
Estimable Member

i made mine for the SRS bike to work with the new gages, clock, new digital volt meter, add dash LED blinkers.
should you use solid color wire, make a wiring diagram as to what you did for the shop binder.

brown = ground, many of the stock harness wires have tracers. i used solid color wires for the addition I made.

everything is labeled.

Posted : 01/29/2019 15:33
Jim Wilson
(@1559)
Estimable Member

i made mine for the SRS bike to work with the new gages, clock, new digital volt meter, add dash LED blinkers. cigarette socket for a dash light/ power a gps, mobile phone charger, tank bag stuff , etc the remote fuses are wired using a trailer plug so i can remove the entire dash. circa 1980
should you use solid color wire, make a wiring diagram as to what you did for the shop binder.

brown = ground, many of the stock harness wires have tracers. i used solid color wires for the addition I made.

everything is labeled.

Posted : 01/29/2019 15:33
Jim Wilson
(@1559)
Estimable Member

brown = ground
red = power
green = SWITCHED power.
the clock stay powered all the time.
the volt meters are switched with the key - ON.

ALL my work has a written disgram showing what feeds what. it's pretty easy, maybe if this can't be done @ home , you could buy some needed connectors, solder, heat shrink and do this with help @ a local tech session, w/ a brew in hand :blink: :woohoo: πŸ˜›

Posted : 01/29/2019 15:43

Advertisement

Scroll to top