Clear all

H4 Headlight replacement BIGGERish AND BRIGHTER

21 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
16.9 K Views
Andrew Badeker
(@andyb)

Thanks, Wobbly. I'll look into those options.
-- Andy

Posted : 05/27/2018 16:31
Jason Nicks
(@jnicks01)
Trusted Member

I'm not a fan of all this retrofitting nonsense, but I did just order a set of Philips RacingVision H4. They claim 150+ output with the same wattage as the stock bulbs. I must say it is quite impressive. A bit whiter light and much brighter. I'm sticking with them.

Posted : 06/05/2018 17:45
Andrew Badeker
(@andyb)

A quick status report: I installed the $20 Cyron headlamp replacement in the R65 reflector, and in daylight, in the garage, it's impressive, esp. on high. Haven't been on the road. Instructions say it draws less than 2 amps.
It has its own cooling fan (!) and a lead that puts about six inches of new wiring wiring in the headlight bucket. The bulb comes with adapter plates, one of which fit fine and let me keep the original spring retainer clips.
The headlight color is 6,000K -- very white.
I put a warmer (3,700K?) LED from SuperBright in the parking light socket, for old time's sake. The SuperBright replacement taillight bulb puts red light on the license plate; that's OK out here in the bushes ... Nice and bright. MotorRad Elektrik seems to offer a custom rear-end panel of LEDs that plugs in and puts white light on the plate, but I haven't explored that. It's also $60 instead of $2.

Posted : 06/06/2018 00:03
ray wilson
(@15295)
Estimable Member

Just ordered. Thanks for sharing your knowledge

Posted : 06/10/2018 18:06
Richard W
(@wobbly)

MotorRad Elektrik seems to offer a custom rear-end panel of LEDs that plugs in and puts white light on the plate, but I haven't explored that. It's also $60 instead of $2.

I have one and it's very nice. That was about the only option until they developed the LED bulb replacements about 4 years ago. These days with the fantastic prices on really high quality LED bulb replacements, I seriously doubt they sell many of those.

Glad you like the Cyron H4.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 06/10/2018 18:07
ray wilson
(@15295)
Estimable Member

Just installed a H4 from Cyron. Very easy to install and very bright. Lost the focus line (whatever that's called) that is on the original H4, so it's a round bright light instead of a flat on top on low beam. About $17 from Cyron- it has a built in fan for cooling, but it's very quiet...

Posted : 06/19/2018 22:46
Page 2 / 2

Advertisement

Scroll to top