Seat comfort issue

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Eric Odinski
(@eodinski)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I have a 36 year old R80 and a 67 year old butt, does anyone know of a good pad that can go between the two to make long rides more comfortable?

Thanks

Eric

Posted : 12/30/2018 11:39
Bret Williams
(@bret)
Estimable Member

Eric,

I have found a different set of britches, loose fit, and thicker shorts to be helpful. Sometimes there is a thin line between comfort and misery. I have a friend who bicycles and he claims his bike shorts have a little padding that makes motorcycling more comfortable. My 2 cents. Good luck to you.

Bret

Posted : 12/30/2018 17:30
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Eric is correct. The first step is to watch what you're wearing.

β€’ Underpants with no seams on the butt.
β€’ Possibly bicycle pants with the gel pad built into the butt.
β€’ Be sure and move your wallet to your jacket pocket.

I also like the Air Hawk seat cushions, but they seem to be too thick and can make getting under the seat a real pain.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 12/30/2018 20:24
Courtney Black
(@dcb_wvu)
Eminent Member

Agree with the bike shorts, but also, just like biking, you gotta break that butt in. If you are going to do 8 or 9 hours and have not done any 2 hours rides prior, you are gonna be sore. But, I find that if I keep riding for an hour or two at a time, this is enough to keep the butt in shape. I use bike shorts with a gel pad in the rear and ride both an 88 RT and 84 ST with original seats.

Courtney

Posted : 01/22/2019 13:51
Jim Wilson
(@1559)
Estimable Member

as far as your rear is concerned I'd use & I do use

LDComfort products. seat comfort and ' cooling ' comfort.

as far as the seat, I'd s˜+† - can it and find / replace it with a custom seat . check eBay.
have one made to your spec
there are several folks who make very good custom seats. remember many folks love/ hate carbons because they say they are too hard.

i've bought an RMS, corbin and a russell seat off eBay

russell is by far the best ! ! ! wider seat help your ergonomics. situating the handle bars to the correct position or changing them altogether can help. i ride a 74 SRS w/ K75C bars ... plus .... bar-back / risers.

BUTT you also have to get used to riding hours in the saddle - - - - - - - - - - - by riding.
:side: :kiss: :blink: ironbutt # 57315 πŸ˜› πŸ™‚ :whistle:

Posted : 01/29/2019 15:08

Advertisement

Scroll to top