Meade Breese
(@6569)
Topic starter

Any one know a source for the original style multi vario (spelling?) tank bag

Posted : 07/31/2018 19:14
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Are you looking for new, used, what ?

I have a spare, used BMW bag that looks like this.....

...with 3 straps that clip on to the edge of the tank and hold it down. Tremendous vertical expansion. Has a bright yellow rain fly.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 07/31/2018 21:59
Meade Breese
(@6569)
Topic starter

Used is ok if it is in good shape. is the picture of the extra one?

Posted : 08/01/2018 08:04
Richard W
(@wobbly)

First, we have a dedicated place to buy/sell gear.... https://www.airheads.org/airmarket/clothing-gear

Then, "no" that's just a photo I pulled off the web becasue I had no idea what you were talking about. And I'm still not 100% sure.

Lastly, it's in good enough shape for me. It does need the main zipper looked after, which any good alteration shop can do. But it's all there including the zip-in second tier and the rain fly.

Posted : 08/01/2018 16:29
Meade Breese
(@6569)
Topic starter

Thanks for the heads up on the correct place to buy/sell stuff. When I posted, I was looking for information on where to find a bag so I thought the discussion forum was the right place. I did not expect someone with one to offer. I will know next time to try the market place first.
Where should I ask the question about information on where to find new versions of these bags?
The bag pictured is exactly what I am looking for. Let me see if I can find a new one one or one that does not need repair. If I can't I will get back to you.
Again, thanks

Posted : 08/01/2018 19:08
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Thanks for the heads up on the correct place to buy/sell stuff. When I posted, I was looking for information on where to find a bag, so I thought the Discussion Forum was the right place.

Then you were correct.

Posted : 09/06/2018 17:25

Advertisement

Scroll to top