2023 BMW MOA 50th National Rally

7 Posts
7 Users
5 Likes
William Riccardi
(@william-riccardi)
Topic starter

Hi All - 

Excited to attend my first ever motorcycle rally.  I've read somewhere that airhead riders have a campsite where they congregate.  True?  How do I find?  Would like to meet you all as I am new to airheads and have a lot to learn.

Regards -

Bill

This topic was modified 1 year ago by William Riccardi

Posted : 02/01/2023 17:45
Joe Hall
(@joe-hall)
Trusted Member

Yep, usually there's an area set aside for Airhead Central. Hot coffee, good fellowship, Airhead parking and tent spaces, etc.. I first bumped into them in early 1990s. Thought I had joined them then, but apparently did not do so till early 2000s. If nothing else, the comaraderie in the early 90s brought me back 10 yers later. I have drifted in and out though, as I have drifted away from Airheads from time to time. It's good to be back on an Airhead, and back with the org. Hope to see you there!   

Posted : 02/06/2023 18:44
Eric Morales
(@emoralesr45)
Trusted Member

I was at last years MOA and they had a tent set up. Food was good and they were always stocked with water. It was hot! Just make sure to donate to the food and drinks. Its all on donations but made for a good place to be to get away from the heat.

V/R Eric

Posted : 02/08/2023 16:34
Joe Hall reacted
Edward Adams
(@rtpilot)
Trusted Member

Welcome William!  Yes, you heard correctly, and as Joe mentioned;  I have found at the 2 Rallies I have attended there is an Airheads setup with a tent on the Rally grounds as a central meetings area. And camping spaces usually nearby. 
There was coffee in the AM some meals and happy hour arrangements, even some tech help, tools and repair help. Bring your bike, and questions to the tent. It's great set up and always an interesting topic or discussion going on most times I stopped by.  Please note Airhead Central it is run on volunteers and donations, joining in makes things fun and inclusive for everyone. I will see you there.

Posted : 02/08/2023 18:05
Joe Hall reacted
Brian Scott
(@brisco)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @william-riccardi

Hi All - 

Excited to attend my first ever motorcycle rally.

What rally are you attending? I attend 5 or 6 BMW rallies every year there are always airheads at every rally, but not much centralized except at the BMW MOA and RA national rallies where there is an airhead tent and congregation.

Brian

Posted : 02/11/2023 16:51
Eric Zwicky
(@13780)
Eminent Member

I live in Richmond, so I'll be there for sure.   I'd like to volunteer at the Airhead Central tent least one day.   Who do I contact for that?

Thanks,

Eric Zwicky

RVA

Posted : 02/15/2023 10:26
John Deikis
(@5556)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @william-riccardi

Hi All - 

Excited to attend my first ever motorcycle rally.  I've read somewhere that airhead riders have a campsite where they congregate.  True?  How do I find?  Would like to meet you all as I am new to airheads and have a lot to learn.

Regards -

Bill

If it's the MOA rally in Richmond, just ask around (and look around) when you get to the camping area. Airhead Central is typically a big white tent (like a small circus tent) with airheads parked around it. And it's not a "they." You are part of a "we." See you there!

Posted : 02/26/2023 22:18
Joe Hall reacted

Advertisement

Scroll to top