Skibum Soirée Newfoundland

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Mike Buhler
(@16813)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi folks, I am a new airhead member since hanging out at Airhead Central at the MOA rally. I just wanted to let you all know I host a little ADV rally at my house in Newfoundland if any of you feel like going for a spin. This year it’s scheduled for August 15-18. I have athread running on both ADVrider and MOA forums. It is a very small and intimate little gathering and this year again my missus has offered to cook for everyone which I promise you will be very tasty! Feel free to drop me a line if you want more info. MBuhler at mac dot com.

Posted : 07/10/2019 11:28
Mike Buhler
(@16813)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Here we go again, sorry I'm so late putting this up for those who need more time to plan. Last year was pretty cozy with a fairly small group but that worked out nicely as the missus decided she wanted to cook for everyone every day. We ate very well and I don't think anyone went hungry. Her fish tacos are deadly! Especially made with fresh cod caught that morning.

We had a few unexpected expenses last year and we spent plenty on food so this year there will definitely be a registration fee. As in other years I will get shirts printed on demand and with any luck will be prepared to take payment for those via paypal or e-transfer in Canada.

Keeping to the small theme Sarah and I figure we will cap numbers at 20 so she doesn't have my head for all the cooking she'll end up doing but hey, she said she wanted to.

For anyone looking for some dirt to ride I have been scoping out a few more routes in the area for a little amusement. Of course the coastal roads are amazing for plenty of pavement routes to keep people dazzled with scenery.

At least a couple of the rooms in our new moto B&B will be ready to go so those are options for any who want them, otherwise it's tents as has been the norm in previous years.

I'll add more info as I get it.

The doors to the shed will be open,.

Posted : 07/15/2019 18:58
Mike Buhler
(@16813)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

If you need a little help figuring out where we are have a look at this. Good excuse for a little ride. If you like Interstates, it's only 3 turns to my house once you're on I95.

Posted : 07/15/2019 19:11
Mike Buhler
(@16813)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

As I said before my missus is planning to cook for folks again. One thing we had last year was her fish tacos made with fresh Atlantic cod which to me is the best fish in the world; our buddy up the road is an inshore fisherman so fresh for us is caught same day or the day before, tough to beat. She makes deadly fish tacos! You know you want them!

Posted : 07/15/2019 19:16

Advertisement

Scroll to top