18 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
15.9 K Views
Curtis Leking
(@2811)
Topic starter

Hello All
I ordered a Oil Breather Puller Tool from Dan at Cycle Works 3 weeks ago and paid by PayPal.
I've emailed twice and called once and have not received a reply. Does anybody out there know if he is still in business?
This is one of the tools formerly sold by Ed Korn.

Best Regards

Posted : 08/26/2017 09:56
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Can't help you with the tools, but a reminder that PayPal will reimburse you if you cannot get happy with the purchase. Hope things work out OK.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 08/26/2017 18:08
Curtis Leking
(@2811)
Topic starter

I don't want to make a claim through PayPal yet. His website is still up CycleWorks.net so I hope that he is still in business. I managed to pull the breather without his tool but he sells some other interesting gadgets like a steering head bearing race puller. Maybe he is on vacation.

Posted : 08/26/2017 18:34
John Glazebrook
(@2222)

I tried to get intouch with Dan, left several voice messages with no response. That was two weeks ago.

Posted : 08/28/2017 10:54
Curtis Leking
(@2811)
Topic starter

All's well that ends well. Breather Puller arrived today.
Of course I all ready pulled it using more primitive means.
Anybody used Cycle Works steering head bearing race puller?

Posted : 08/30/2017 21:24
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Anybody used Cycle Works steering head bearing race puller?

Of course, some steering head bearings do need replacement. But of the several I've worked on, the bearings simply needed new grease. The old grease had dried into place and looked exactly like rust, but was easily removed with a solvent, like WD-40 or lacquer thinner. I used the same solvent and compressed air to get the old grease out of the caged roller bearings. When cleaned in situ, the bearings and races were in pristine condition, thus saving the trouble of removal and expense of replacement.

The old grease was crusty and hard, thus making the steering head hard to turn and "jumpy". After cleaning and replacement with a thick, waterproof grease, the steering action was as smooth as a new bearing.

Hope this helps.

Posted : 08/31/2017 07:40
Brett Godwin
(@carott)

I bought the Cycleworks steering head bearing puller tool a few years ago.
It worked incredibly well and made the job totally painless.
My 1974 R90/6 had lived a hard life and was left outside several winters.
The outer races were visibly damaged.
20 minute job to change them out with the tool.

Brett

Posted : 09/12/2017 12:20
James Carr
(@11771)
Eminent Member

Same as Brett. Great tool!!

Posted : 09/21/2017 00:06
Michael Quinto
(@av8tr1775)

I have been very satisfied with the tools I’ve purchased from Cycle Works, including the steering head bearing puller. However, I’ve also had some delays with communication with Cycle Works lately. Dan tells me that if he does not have a tool in stock he removes it from the website, but that he will put it back on when he gets it back in stock. He also said that he had been very busy as of late with issues outside the business. I recommend patience and continued patronage with Cycle Works, it’s been a great resource for me.

Posted : 10/06/2017 23:04
Brett Godwin
(@carott)

I just bought a transmission shim plate from Cycleworks. Ordered late night September 22 and delivered October 5. That included clearing customs into Canada. Excellent service.
Brett

Posted : 10/06/2017 23:34
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Cycle Works, LLC

http://www.cycleworks.net/

Posted : 10/07/2017 20:58
Barry Birkey
(@barryb)

Be patient about a businesses lack of communication after you've paid them for product? If he's having issues, then it's his responsibility to inform his customers. Here I sit with my bike torn apart waiting for steering head bearings and a puller, he has my money and all I get is silence. If I'd have known this, I would have bought the goods elsewhere. Now I wait for the 15 day mark so my bank card can refund my account. He won't get anymore of my business.

Posted : 10/12/2017 10:52
charles dentino
(@fanta-se)

I purchased a steering head puller on 11/4 from Cycle Works and still have not seen it as of 11/29. I have tried calling twice and an email with no response. I hope all is well with issues and will continue to patiently wait. Thanks for providing the update.

Posted : 11/29/2017 13:18
Barry Birkey
(@barryb)

Oh jeez, why? Spend less and get more with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4UJFRH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Call your CC company and get your refund.

Posted : 11/29/2017 14:40
charles dentino
(@fanta-se)

The puller set that I ordered finally did show up right before xmas. Haven't had time to use it yet. Plan on a month and a half delay when ordering. Tool looks to be quality if you are not in a hurry!

Posted : 01/07/2018 13:58
Page 1 / 2

Advertisement

Scroll to top