Clear all

Handlebar risers

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Jim Vidal
(@jrv_hd)
Topic starter

I have a 1985 R80RT do they make pull back riseres for this bike or a pullback handle bar? Thanks You.

Posted : 08/28/2017 11:22
James Strickland
(@8053)
Reputable Member

I have seen a few different varieties of set-back risers that can be fitted to raise the handlebar and/or move the handle bar slightly closer to the rider. Some of these replace the stock risers, and some are fitted to the stock risers. I have a pair of set back risers that work with the originals in a box somewhere. I'll try to dig 'em out and post a picture.

former Airmarshal, IL.

Posted : 08/28/2017 13:45
Richard W
(@wobbly)

I have a 1985 R80RT do they make a pullback handle bar ?

Yes. And the bar you find has to be 22mm (0.866") and not the usual 7/8 inch (0.875"), or your levers and handlebar switches won't fit. There are literally thousands of handlebar bends available. So the real problem is finding them !

This is why risers and set-backs are so popular. If your wrists are happy with the existing bar's bend, then the set-backs will simply place your hands reward more. But be aware that cables will need to be re-routed or possibly extended.

The Airhead set-backs I have an off-set that measures ~54mm, or about 2 inches. That's ~30mm rise with a ~45mm setback.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 08/29/2017 00:02
Jim Vidal
(@jrv_hd)
Topic starter

I have a bad wing so I need them more turned out than turned in and closer would be better. If you have a source of 22'' handlebars or risers let me know. Thanks so much.

Posted : 08/29/2017 09:34
Jim Vidal
(@jrv_hd)
Topic starter

I have a bad wing so I need them more turned out than turned in and closer would be better. If you have a source of 22mm handlebars or risers let me know. Thanks so much.

Posted : 08/29/2017 09:35
Richard W
(@wobbly)

There are also such things as "adjustable handlebars", which allow micro adjustments to heights and wrist angles. Makers such as HeliBars used to make steel handlebars, such as those shown below, before they moved into the high-end aluminum handlebar markets. Sometimes you'll find these older steel bars on Ebay.

Adjustable handlebars

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 08/29/2017 10:41
Jim Wilson
(@1559)
Estimable Member

riser / barracks and K75 bars on my R90SRS

Posted : 09/08/2017 17:13

Advertisement

Scroll to top