FORUM

Notifications
Clear all

Front Brake Rotor Bolts Sitting Proud and Hitting Caliper?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Matthew Morris
(@mjmorrisva)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Friends,

Let me be clear...before I post I always search thoroughly for threads on the topic I'm requesting help with. I use the custom search feature and try several methods to get what I need. Only when I cant find answers in the old threads do I post here. Thank you in advance for your help. Its been invaluable as I take this journey (loving every minute of it).

Now for your thoughts....I removed the front wheel of my 82 R100RT. In the process I found the front break rotors have bolts holding it together (not the bolts attaching the rotor to the wheel) see pics. The bolts are sitting ever so proud and contacting the calipers (creating small but very fresh gash in the caliper) see pic. This is happening on both sides (both rotors). Its almost like someone put the rotor together with the wrong size (length) bolts. The rear break rotor looks like it has different bolts which are rounded off smooth in order to not come in contact with the caliper.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Is this typical of an 82 airhead?

Thoughts?

1982 R100RT

Posted : 08/22/2019 17:37

Advertisement

Scroll to top