Mike Morris
(@14974)
Topic starter

ARRRRRRRGH!

Posted : 09/29/2019 20:36
Richard W
(@wobbly)

ARRRRRRRGH!

While we generally try to encourage our fellow Airhead owners as much as possible on this board, I feel it my duty to point out that National Talk Like a Pirate Day is observed on Sept 19, and so you are about 10 days too late.

https://nationaltoday.com/talk-like-pirate-day/

Back to the colored spaghetti, Matey ! 😛

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 09/30/2019 22:25
Mike Morris
(@14974)
Topic starter

Dang, missed it again! Maybe next year. However, after studying about European wire colors and numbers, I threw up some stuff that had a lot of Sw, Ge and Rt colors in it. Seriously though, is this a common thing that there are no two wiring diagrams that match with the 1976 R900/6 bikes? Seems all of the ones I have are different in some way. Guess when I hook things up and turn on the switch I may have a lotz of spitzen sparken und wirzenburnen und smokenblowen!

Posted : 10/01/2019 16:04
Mike Morris
(@14974)
Topic starter

Thanks for the heads up on the owners manual, but I think the 76 wiring is a bit different, at least that's what I have read. I think i'm getting a handle on figuring all this out, and it's really a pretty neat system once you grasp the European system. Thanks again, and remember, always keep the tank on top!

Posted : 10/02/2019 00:19
Bob Thomas
(@bob-thomas)
Eminent Member

Mike did you ever get the wiring sorted out?  I bought a harness from EME, which was very good, but it wasn't quite the same.  Had to jerry rig the lights to get them to work.  Still don't have a working Tach, and now the turnsignals quit.  The wiring diagram for this bike is not the same as the Clymers and the one they sent is also different.  I sent a note to the place mentioned above to start with a whole new harness.  

Don't get me wrong I love EME, just this bike is weird.  Thinking it lives in 77 and 78!!

Bob

Posted : 05/16/2021 09:19
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Posted by: @bob-thomas

Don't get me wrong I love EME, just this bike is weird.  Thinking it lives in 77 and 78!!

It does live in 1977/78. You're the one that has to get transported back 40 years to be able to comprehend what's going on. 

?

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 05/16/2021 13:43
Page 2 / 2

Advertisement

Scroll to top