R80 Exhaust threads mared

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Anthony Lonigro
(@14652)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Sorry to hear this. Try Bud Provin at Nickwackett Garage. http://thenickwackettgarage.com/bmwtwin/

Antny

Posted : 01/17/2017 10:43
Thomas Brundage
(@ridefast99)
Trusted Member

I purchased a bike yesterday from a guy in New Hampshire after a week waiting for new pushrod tube rubbers to be installed by Second Wind Bmw of Amherst NH....Picking up the bike from the old owner i noticed that they changed the right exhaust nut....(and my heart dropped)....sure enough they did the whole strip the threads thing being Morons....are you kidding me do these techs have there heads up there a$$eS ....I am no master mechanic but know enough if it starts to come off hard STOP and cut it off the exhaust nuts are cheap...now I have a big bill coming to fix there crap .... this tech should be fired this morning ....and the $500 plus dollars it cost the old owner should be returned....IF YOUR FROM NEW HAMPSHIRE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOP AND GO TO THE OTHER BIG SHOP IN THE STATE I WONT USE THERE NAME BUT EVERYBODY KNOWS WHO I"M TALKING ABOUT.....How could you do this.....this is a virgin R80 with 15,000 miles on it owned by the original owner in mint shape it was the first big work ever done on the bike....shame on you SECOND WIND HACKS.....Anyway rant over ...can anyone tell me of a small private shop that wont kill me to fix this I will pull it apart myself I'm versed enough for that work ...Thanks Ridefast99

Posted : 01/17/2017 08:53
Anthony Lonigro
(@14652)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Sorry to hear this. Try Bud Provin at Nickwackett Garage. http://thenickwackettgarage.com/bmwtwin/

Antny

Posted : 01/17/2017 10:44
Thomas Brundage
(@ridefast99)
Trusted Member

Thank You Sir

Posted : 01/17/2017 12:33
Thomas Brundage
(@ridefast99)
Trusted Member

It says on his web page they don't do rethreading.....Maybe he can recommend someone

Posted : 01/18/2017 08:12

Advertisement

Scroll to top