Letter to Club

1 Posts
1 Users
2 Likes
Dave McLaughlin
(@8327)
Topic starter

Letter to ABC BoD

I just sold one of my airheads and told the new owner to join the club.  I think I made a mistake.   

I have owned Airheads since 1970 and have always maintained them myself, including a few basket cases.  I have repaired just about everything on these fine machines and  I have way too many manuals including factory.  

The first thing I read is Oak's answers in the Airhead magazine.  I always pick up some little thing that I will remember for the next problem that will eventually happen to these well engineered  machines.

Snowbum has been a wonderful asset to the club and he has helped me a few times personally.  But if you need information "now"  Snowbums articles are not what you need.  His articles are great for understanding "why" you are doing a repair in some particular way.  The info is invaluable, but hard to get through for a quick answer.  For a good understanding of the difference, get a copy of  "Oak's top end manual" and compare it to Snowbums articles.  Both are invaluable but in different ways.

To remove Oak's answers from "Airheads" would be a MAJOR mistake, at least for me.  

Next, as for B. Jan, I don't always agree with what he writes but I respect the work he has put into the club.  If I don't like what he writes, I don't have to read it!  

We still have that "Right" left.  

As far a ZOOM meeting go, it sounds like the BoD doesn't understand everything that Zoom can do.  Although I don't know the workings of it, I have been participating in numerous meetings with lots of participants with NO issues.  Makes me question the "computer savvy" of some of the BoD that want to lead us in that direction.

If you want a club for the generation that wants to make Cafe Racers or such out of these fine machines, that's fine with me, but please follow good engineering practices and not just cobble things together so you don't get killed.  

This sounds like a great "Spinoff" club from the Airheads or another page or two in Airmail.

Other than that, please leave this club alone, it's fine the way it is.

As the Grateful Dead once said, What a Long Strange Trip It's Been!!

VERY close to leaving the club for good.......

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Dave McLaughlin

Posted : 01/07/2023 12:26

Advertisement

Scroll to top