1977 R100RS

19 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
17.8 K Views
Anthony Lonigro
(@14652)
Eminent Member

Thanks, Brian. No, it's Metallic Gold....one year only color in 1978. I asked Hans Muth why this color was allowed to be applied to his creation. He explained that BMW came to him and asked him to develop a new "eye grabbing" color for the '78 model year. He came up with this color and thought it would be a hit. Not so, it was a tough sell back in the day. So BMW discontinued it. Smart decision for the time. I like it today! Most were repainted in another color. He signed the fairing (inside on the black part) with a matching gold sharpie at the RS40 rally. So funny. The bike is still wearing it's original pre-recall front wheel. It has stupid-low miles and is as original as it gets.The turn signal beeper even works. I hardly ride it, it just sits in the basement these days. Wish I had more time to ride.

Antny

Posted : 02/06/2018 21:48
Don "Radar" Wreyford
(@7915)

I have a very good friend, who has made the decision to stop riding (in his 80's) and has a beautiful 77 RS (serial # is 1262) to which I have helped him do extensive work and know it is in EXCELLENT condition. He is selling his lift (Handy) and other parts and pieces. Wants to sell the entire package.

If you are interested ping me off list and I'll send his contact info.

Radar

Posted : 02/11/2018 18:30
Thomas Brundage
(@ridefast99)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Already bought thanks

Posted : 02/11/2018 19:30
John Marshall
(@newzhack)
Eminent Member

I just bought a used one that I am very happy with. It is a CFO model but runs great. Serial number 6180954. From what I understand, the CFO model had smaller exhaust pipes and different mufflers in addition to a different Carb.

Posted : 06/15/2018 16:26
Page 2 / 2

Advertisement

Scroll to top