Clear all

Anyone seen an R80/7 in blue?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Ryan Mahler
(@ryantmer)
Topic starter

Sadly, my beloved 1978 R80/7 in blue was stolen overnight on May 15th in southern British Columbia. I inherited this bike from my dad, and put countless hours (and dollars) into restoring it. It appeared as it did in the photo, plus a Cortech Super 2.0 tank bag, and an Action Packer box bolted to the top rack. Mostly stock otherwise, with newish Krauser bags and Lester rims. If anybody happens to see such a bike anywhere in their travels (or parts of it), please contact me! Getting this back would mean the world to me, as I think most fellow Airheads can appreciate.

Higher resolution photo is available here - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218855834247919

Thank you!

Posted : 05/29/2019 02:28
Richard W
(@wobbly)

That's really a shame. I know everything my dad passed on to me is treasured.

I'd start driving local back roads and neighborhoods. There's a very high chance it was only taken for a short "joy ride". The police won't find it until a citizen reports it abandoned in their yard.

People stupid enough to steal a motor vehicle are also too stupid to part it out. That's way too much work and the minimal rewards are too far into the future. This type person is only thinking in the here and now.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 05/29/2019 19:56
Ryan Mahler
(@ryantmer)
Topic starter

That's my hope! Such an odd bike to steal for parts, so here's hoping. In the meantime, riding around on the G650 and bicycles to see if I get lucky...

Posted : 05/30/2019 00:28

Advertisement

Scroll to top