INTRODUCTION DEREK- NEW MEMBER - NEW RIDER

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Derek Clift
(@bearlyriding)
Topic starter

GOOD DAY

It’s been a long time coming, but I have finally made my first purchase. After months of scouring the internet, using all possible sites, trying to find the perfect bike, I came across a gentlemen who is a fellow member [ WHO SWORE BY THIS GROUP ] from Marietta GA. He initially was selling a ‘75 R75/6, but because of the my location here in Indianapolis, and the condition the bike, it sold faster than a witch reacting outta spite! We stayed in contact because we built a quick bond, and he offered to sell a ‘74 R60/6, with almost a complete rebuild.

I drove from Indianapolis to northern Georgia and back in a day. Got the bike back and went on a ride through the city, where I lost power to the starter halfway through my ride, however just through reaching out to the seller, and Airhead member, he was on the ball to try to find resources to help me out! Within 20 minutes of my first call to him, I was able to speak to two members, who are complete strangers, and they were just as concerned as the seller of the bike, giving me suggestions and posting on their facebook group about my troubles. I ended up having the bike towed back to the house, and around 20 minutes later another member reached out through text offering his truck and trailer!!!! DEAR LESTOR, GARY, RICHARD, AND DON BEVERAGE, I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR ASSISTANCE. Though my bike is not on the road like I figured it would be, {starter relay may be bad] I am just as comfortable now as I was when I purchased it, all because of people like you!

ANYWAY IM HOPING TO GET THE STARTER RELAY PROBLEM TAKEN CARE OF. BOUGHT THE PART, BOUGHT THE MANUEL. NOT A MECHANIC BY ANY MEANS BUT I KNEW I WOULD HAVE TO BE MY OWN DOCTOR WHEN I BOUGHT THIS BABY.

AS I STATED, IM IN THE INDIANAPOLIS AREA, MY FIRST RIDE WILL PROBABLY BE TO CHICAGO IN THE COMING WEEKS, SO ANYONE IN THAT AREA WHO WANTS TO LINK UP, I CAN MAKE TIME! OTHER POSSIBLE RIDES FOR ME WILL BE TO DC/MARYLAND/VIRGINIA AREA, BOSTON/RHODE ISLAND. MY WEST COAST TRIPS WILL PROBABLY BE NEXT YEAR, I HAVE GREAT FRIENDS IN PHX, PALM DESERT, LA... AND FAMILY IN PDX, SEA, BC >>> RIDING THIS BABY IN THE PNW IS A DREAM OF MINE.

Looking forward to a building relationships above all else. I appreciate anyone who took the time to read this. I tried uploading a picture of my boxer, but I have to figure out file sizing on the forum, coming soon.

All Love

Derek

Posted : 08/16/2020 11:25
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Welcome Aboard !

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 09/19/2020 18:37
James Bussell
(@10385)
Trusted Member

Let us know if it was the starter relay causing the issue...I'm sure you noticed the 74 R60 has a kick starter this was the last year for it...be sure and ask the seller next time you converse if he upgraded the shifter spring in the tyranny...

Welcome on board!

This post was modified 4 years ago by James Bussell

Posted : 09/22/2020 07:34

Advertisement

Scroll to top