R90S Black -> Orange?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Nigel Abbott
(@nigel-abbott)
Topic starter

Greetings fellow Airheads!

So I'm looking to buy an R90S here in the UK (been fighting the temptation for a few years, it's pointless so am gonna relent).  I found what appears to be a reasonable looking bike on FleaBay but having spoken to the vendor he's been honest and tells me that the bike WAS black but was repainted to Orange by one of the previous owners.  I only want an Orange bike.....  so was there ever a frame identifier/ID/list of Black v's Orange OR is the effect on the $$$$$ similar to that of any R90S being repainted?

I know that Orange was rarer (it doesn't appear to have much effect on the value from what I can see), so interested to hear folks opinions.  FWIW the bike and frame are matching numbers.

Posted : 05/02/2023 08:53
Doyle Smith
(@7596)

Although Silver Smoke is very handsome, I'm partial to the Daytona Orange (egg yolk!). My thinking is that Lutz and Muth were trying to shake The Company out of their predictable, staid image. The Daytona Orange is the bold statement.

However beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What rocks your world?

Posted : 06/07/2023 21:25
Nigel Abbott
(@nigel-abbott)
Topic starter

I ended up buying an original Daytona Orange UK supplied bike, rides fantastically well (esp after I rebuilt the forks).  Just ignoring some of the cosmetics until the Autumn...

Posted : 06/30/2023 08:03

Advertisement

Scroll to top