Clear all

restarting bike after shipment

4 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
William Riccardi
(@william-riccardi)
Topic starter

New to airheads and new here.  Anything special need to be done to restart an R90/S that was drained of fuel for shipping?  Do you run 87 octane in these motors?  Easy to reconnect battery?  Thanks!

Posted : 07/23/2022 18:52
Topic Tags
John Ehrhart
(@rider17)
Trusted Member

Surely someone with vastly more knowledge will weigh in here, but I even I know you don't want to use 87 octane! I would try for ethanol-free as well.

Battery connections are easy, but just be aware the terminals are pretty close to frame tubes. 

You are in for a good ride!

Posted : 07/24/2022 06:18
Eric Morales reacted
Eric Morales
(@emoralesr45)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @william-riccardi

New to airheads and new here.  Anything special need to be done to restart an R90/S that was drained of fuel for shipping?  Do you run 87 octane in these motors?  Easy to reconnect battery?  Thanks!

Welcome sir. I echo what John posted. Avoid ethanol fuels if you can. I do however pump 87 octane but it's also 100% here in Oklahoma. If you don't have that option, get the highest octane you can. Whats a few dollars more when you have a small gas tank. Enjoy your new toy.

V/R Eric

Posted : 07/30/2022 08:21
James Strickland
(@8053)
Reputable Member

When connecting a battery, I attach the positive lead first, ground lead second. That eliminates the potential for a spark when working with a wrench in a tight space with battery current ready to strike.

former Airmarshal, IL.

Posted : 07/31/2022 12:31
John Ehrhart reacted

Advertisement

Scroll to top