1983 R100RS Instrument Cluster

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Brian Swanick
(@thundermotive)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Is there a shop that still services this vintage Motometer instruments? The issue I'm having is with the odometer / tripometer, but if possible I'd like to have it gone through and good to go for the next ten years. Neither Overseas Speedometer or Palo Alto seem to be interested in this.

Posted : 09/17/2023 14:38
Steven Rankin
(@14724)
Estimable Member

I am sorry, to hear this.  I am wondering if this isn't something new for both companies?  I have sent speedometers to Overseas, a 78 and 84 unit and they worked on them.  I never sent anything to Palo Alto.

Not sure if Terry is still in business,

Terryvrla@hotmail.com.  St.

This post was modified 7 months ago by Steven Rankin

Beware! I do not suffer fools gladly! St.

Posted : 09/17/2023 16:16
Rick Schroeder
(@red-horse)
Trusted Member

Brian,

I had my speedo/tripmeter calibrated this past winter by Foreign Speedo. Their ad is on pg. 5 of 2023 Sept. "Airmail".  I gave them a call first to give a heads up and the turnaround was very reasonable.  If i remember correctly less than 2 weeks. 

After reinstalling back on the bike (81 R100RT) i checked the speedo against a GPS unit and it was spot on up to 55 mph.  After 55 it was off on the high side 2-3 mph the faster you go, stopped at mach 1.  Anyway worth a try.

Good luck

rick 

Posted : 09/18/2023 11:57
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Posted by: @red-horse

After reinstalling back on the bike (81 R100RT) i checked the speedo against a GPS unit and it was spot on up to 55 mph.  After 55 it was off on the high side 2-3 mph the faster you go, stopped at mach 1.  Anyway worth a try.

Most Airheads I've ridden were optimistic above 55/60 MPH. Even new they were this way.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 09/18/2023 14:37

Advertisement

Scroll to top