Clear all

Cranks and cams?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Howard Brooks
(@6006)
Topic starter

Bought a 75 neglected R90s from the original owner.  Parked years ago due to engine noise.  Crank is cracked!  Cam is corroded at snout, unserviceable.  What cranks and cams from which models would be a direct fit, which might be adapted to use?  Curious as I have some spares from /6 and /7.  I know cam gears changed, oil pumps changed, flywheels changed over the years, just looking for a direct fit or a combination that will work.

Posted : 12/24/2021 22:49
James Strickland
(@8053)
Reputable Member

If you have spare parts from a /6, you should be O.K. Spare parts from a /7 are probably O.K.

If you intend to repair the R90S, you need to take that motor apart anyway. If it were my project, I would dis-assemble the S motor and then do a side by side inspection/comparison of any donor parts that you may have available.

former Airmarshal, IL.

Posted : 12/26/2021 08:08
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Please DO NOT ask the same question in multiple forums. Your need is recognized and the urgency fully understood, but now members who wish to help you, need to read all the posts in multiple locations to see if their suggestion has already been made. 

This thread is CLOSED.

Please place all further comments here....

https://www.airheads.org/community/my-airhead-needs-help/r90s-needs-crank/#post-13501

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 12/26/2021 11:18

Advertisement

Scroll to top