Clear all

Fairing/windshield for R60/5 toaster

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Christian Feuer
(@feuer)
Topic starter

Hi, I am new to the group and a new owner of an R60/5 toaster. Had other BMWs many years ago and happy to be back. Love the way the bike is today but would like to add a windshield or fairing. What would fit for a classic bike like the 60/5?

Posted : 05/12/2020 20:39
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Welcome Aboard !

There are numerous selections you could make or that folks here could offer. Why don't you describe the type riding you do and the handlebars you prefer. Obviously, the type fairing or shield you put on a bike with low "Euro bars" is not the same as an upright windshield for "American cow horn" bars. That simple explanation would narrow choices considerably.

All the best.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 05/13/2020 11:16
Christian Feuer
(@feuer)
Topic starter

Thanks! I am planning to ride casually on smaller roads and shorter weekend trips. My handle bars are American style. Hope that helps to make some recommendations.

Posted : 05/13/2020 17:31
Jason Nicks
(@jnicks01)
Trusted Member

I ride similar conditions 99% of the time. I love my National Cycle Deflector. Looks great and takes the wind off your chest really well.

Posted : 05/14/2020 14:43
Christian Feuer
(@feuer)
Topic starter

Thanks for responding, great looking bike. Does the wins shield work for American bars instead of the European? Or no difference?

Posted : 05/14/2020 19:36
Jason Nicks
(@jnicks01)
Trusted Member

Yes, that screen works with most bikes and handlebars. The hardware is highly adjustable. I use the quick set hardware they offer, but the simpler clamp system will be okay too. I have multiple shields of theirs on many of my bikes with no fitment issues. Double check on their website, but I can almost 100% tell you it will fit.

Posted : 05/15/2020 09:47

Advertisement

Scroll to top