Clear all

R90 petcock fuel line nipple

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
William Bedell
(@billb)
Topic starter

OK I snapped the plastic nipple off the right side fuel petcock and am having a hard time locating a replacement part
#16121240517 Bobs parts fitch show them no longer available. There has to be a replacement for these some where, any suggestions?

Posted : 04/22/2020 13:45
Michael Whitby
(@mikethebike)
Eminent Member

Ive searched all the usual places and do not see anyone with the nipple for the Germa taps.
Unless someone has changed out the taps and can let you have one, your best bet might be to buy new Karcoma taps. These aren't available from BMW either but Moto-bins in the UK has then for 29.50 pounds or about $36.3.
Boxer2valve has them for $45. EME has the 90 deg ones with filters for $39 now that's a deal.
Michael

Posted : 04/22/2020 14:52
Richard W
(@wobbly)

I have several spares, if you want to contact me. Although a quick way to remove the fuel tank, since they always leak after several installations, I decided to go with the mid-1980's style with the built-in metal barb. They are slightly more trouble, but last longer, end all the breakage/weeping issues, and generally have a better fuel line routing path. And you don't feel compelled to carry spares in your tool box.

I bought a used set of late model taps on Ebay and that was the end of plastic tips. There's several matched sets on there right now. Auction 362676109717

Hope this helps.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 04/23/2020 09:45
William Bedell
(@billb)
Topic starter

Thanks, everyone for the suggestions, I contacted boxer 2 valve and their parts department was able to locate a single nipple they had laying around and shipped it right out, had it in 2 days for 10 bucks, great people, and great service.
but it seems kinda strange no one stocks these single nipples but do stock the tees.

Posted : 04/30/2020 21:39

Advertisement

Scroll to top