FORUM

~ TECH WEEKEND Lake...

Notifications
Clear all

~ TECH WEEKEND Lake Oroville/ Yankee Hill, CA.

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Jim Wilson
(@1559)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

AIRHEADS ~ ~ ~ TECH DAY WEEKEND @ LAKE OROVILLE, NOR~CAL

What ::
……… better way to spend a weekend than riding, wrenching, and camping with your fellow Airheads? Join us in Yankee Hill, CA on April 16 &17, 2016 for all manner of repair and maintenance work. Mini swap meet, too. Parts washer, tire changer and spin balancer, air compressor, motorcycle lift, and some BMW tools available (TwinMax carb balancer, oil canister depth gauge, cylinder stud tooling, steering head bearing puller, timing gear puller, etc.), as well as welders and machine tools for special projects like fixing those over-rotating center stands.

I'll also have containers on hand for draining and recycling oil and
plenty of paper towels. Ozzie's BMW Center and Boxer Metal are only 30 minutes away in Chico, CA if you need to make a last minute parts run, but if you call Chris at either place and pre-pay for your parts, do it before Wednesday, April 13 and I'll have them waiting for you at the site. Either way, come prepared with your own spares, spray solvents, and basic tools.

Rumor has it that several pro wrenches may be joining Chris Canterbury of Boxer Metal for the weekend; come and see if you can stump them with your mechanical challenge. Or come and share your own wealth of knowledge with those eager to learn new skills.
Airheads and wannabes alike are welcome. Even if you don't have
anything of your own to work on, come and help someone with theirs or just provide encouragement. Or ride the Feather River Canyon and join us for the evening. Saturday night tire kicking around the camp fire and maybe a big screen movie. Stars galore if the weather cooperates.

If you're spending the night there is plenty of room to camp, and
there's also limited floor space for sleeping inside.

WHEN ::
Saturday lunch and dinner, and Sunday breakfast and lunch will be
catered this year. There will be a jug out for your donations to help
cover expenses, but the important thing is to RSVP by April 12 so we know how many to plan on feeding. BYOB and I'll have ice and coolers to keep them cold. Bring your favorite muchies and snacks to share.

WHERE ::
To get here take Highway 70 north out of Oroville, cross the big
concrete bridge on the West Branch of the Feather River, watch for the ... Yankee Hill Road sign ... and then the Airhead logo and arrow on your right. If you're coming from the north on Hwy. 70, look for the Scenic

View sign on your right a few miles south of Scooter's restaurant.
You'll see an Airhead logo and arrow shortly after it on the right.
Follow the signs from there. More details and a map will be posted at http://www.gunsmoke.com/airheads starting Friday before the event. The quarter mile drive from the paved road is well graded hard dirt with a few scattered pebbles that traverses a steep slope, easily negotiable by my RT and it should be on yours as well.

Let me know ahead of time what tasks and special projects you have in
mind so I can determine needs and tool/equipment scheduling. An RSVP is required if you're planning to join us for the meals. Email Scot at general@gunsmoke.com with questions and to warn me you're coming.
Last minute details at

Posted : 04/08/2016 14:48
Jim Wilson
(@1559)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Posted : 04/08/2016 15:34
Jim Wilson
(@1559)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

ken, bum, ??, scot the host

it's TOUGH WORK when you can get it,
so management plans their next conquest . . . . . . ....... Now where did I put my brewski

hands helping hands ........ that's the airhead WAY

Posted : 05/21/2016 19:55

Advertisement

Scroll to top